Your Blogging Deadline is Looming


It's time to write your next blog post. Or maybe the time has already passed. What do you think when your deadline is looming? My own lament is often, "What can I pull together fast that will be useful?"

I talk to a lot of small business owners about blogging - while teaching, networking and over coffee. What I know is this: everyone has different reasons for blogging, or not.

Before starting a blog, there are many different reasons, mostly related to the unknown. Once our blog is started, there is another set of obstacles that might give us grief:
  1. coming up with ideas
  2. adapting your ideas for writing
  3. starting to write
  4. finishing writing
  5. editing and proofing
  6. finding or creating graphics
  7. keywords and publishing
Understanding what stops us, can help us uncover ways to conquer it.

This will be my 575th blog post. You might think I've got all the obstacles wrangled - and I did for quite a long time. But since the beginning of this year, I've been struggling to get blog posts published on schedule... and it's been driving me a little nuts. I know it's clearly #4 on the list above that's causing me pain.

Because I've been aware of this problem, I've been more attentive to understanding what's causing it. I finally pinned down what has changed - some of my work habits. The details will be a future post but, now that I know what I know, I can do something about it. Having a deadline looming is not my favourite feeling. Now that I know what the problem is, and what I need to do about it, what's left is the actual doing.

Do you struggle with meeting your blogging (or newsletter) schedule? What's stopping you when your deadline is looming? Please share in the comments.

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boost Your Expert Reputation with an Evergreen Series

I Love Uphill Graphs!

Make a Personal Connection - A Success Story

How to Get People to Open Your Emails

Up the Value of Your Redirect Pages

Do You Need an Editorial Calendar?

Don't Dilute Your Message

It doesn't have to be About You

How I Emptied My Inbox!