Find Marketing Opportunities in Your Own Content


Marketing analytics can be confusing. You need to learn how to use the software to get data. Then you need to figure out what information you want from the data. Then you need to figure out what actions to take now that you're wiser.

Here's a simple statistic for you to discover and use to your advantage - most read blog posts. Regardless of which platform you use, you should be able to access some basic info.

Here is a screenshot from this blog:

screenshot

Now that I know which post is the most read on my blog, what actions will I take?
  • I can use it for marketing by adding calls-to-action for current promotions to the footer.
  • I continue to share it on social media because it's obviously still relevant.
  • I know I need to maintain it, to make sure it has no broken links and to keep it relevant.
  • I have clues about other blog post topics that may have similar success. (I can use Answer the Public to research more.)
You're working hard to create valuable content. Aside from these activities above, it's good to look at statistics; otherwise, how will you know if what you're doing is working?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boost Your Expert Reputation with an Evergreen Series

How I Emptied My Inbox!

I Love Uphill Graphs!

Make a Personal Connection - A Success Story

How to Get People to Open Your Emails

Up the Value of Your Redirect Pages

Do You Need an Editorial Calendar?

Don't Dilute Your Message

It doesn't have to be About You