Resist the Impulse


Every day I’m faced with opportunities to offer a deal. I receive calls asking me to invest in print ads. I can easily tweet a deal or insert it in our newsletter. I can offer an added bonus. I can low-ball requests for quotes. It would be like standing up and waving my arms and yelling, “Look over here. Have I got a deal for you!”

It would be so easy to do. Every day I resist the impulse.

Easy is not always better.

A recent article by Bernadette Jiwa at The Story of Telling reminded me why. Take a minute to read it. It’s short, I promise. You need to remember why, too, and she’s a much better writer than I am.

The ending is perfect: “…build your brand around being chosen on purpose.”

Photo: elvissa / Flickr

Comments

  1. Good one!
    And those chips' packets in the picture made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make it Easy to Read Online

Company News is No News

Warm Up those Cold Calls

Content Ideas for Consultants - Teach Something (Part 3)

Milestones Mean Business

The Consequences of Creative Isolation

Is Your Canadian Small Business Compliant with CASL Yet?

Building your Reputation

Your 'Thank You for Signing Up' Page

Count your Contacts: In or Out?