10 Reasons to Love Being a Small Business Owner



photo: Michael Lokner

There’s nothing like a vivid reminder of your past life to cause you to take stock of your current situation and do a little comparison. That happened to me recently after having a catch up phone chat with someone I worked with 15 years ago. Marcia and I were talking about an industry, a work culture, and processes that now seem so foreign to me, yet at one time were so imperative. At that point in my life, I certainly never envisioned the lifestyle I enjoy now.

I absolutely love being a small business owner and working with other similar people.

Here are some of the perks that I especially appreciate about being a small business owner:
  1. Not having to wear pantyhose
  2. My garden is 25 steps from my desk
  3. I can go into the office at midnight if I feel like it
  4. Getting the whole team behind decisions is easy, when the team is two!
  5. Team building is easy, too
  6. I can work all day with my cat in my lap
  7. I don’t need a briefcase to take work home
  8. I can wear pajamas to work once in awhile
  9. I can choose who I want to work with
  10. I can daydream whenever I want
Take a few minutes now to appreciate the things you love about being a small business owner! I'd love to hear about them.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make it Easy to Read Online

Is Your Canadian Small Business Compliant with CASL Yet?

Proofing Checklist for Error-free Newsletters

Milestones Mean Business

How to Write the Introduction to Your First Newsletter

Research - What are your Competitors Doing?

Automation can be Creepy

Feeling Overwhelmed?

The Consequences of Creative Isolation

6 Questions to Ask before Contracting Out your eNewsletter