People DO Sign Up for Newsletters


“Nobody signs up for newsletters anymore.” I heard as I sat in the audience during an Infusionsoft presentation. I gritted my teeth. The presenter went on to say that newsletters are all about what’s happening with the company and have no value. A filling popped out. I kept my mouth shut till I could get home to my keyboard. Here's why...

I was chatting with a new client recently and asked her if she had a chance to look at the newsletter examples in my online gallery. She told me she had actually signed up for several of them. This is just one example that shows people still want interesting and useful information delivered to their inbox.

People say YES to value. When they know you deliver value on a regular basis, they'll sign up because they won't want to miss it. In fact, stats say that 1 in 5 people actively seek out and sign up for newsletters to get the information they want.

Creating that perception of value happens over time as you consistently meet readers’ expectations. And that presenter was right about one thing: it doesn't happen when all you talk about is yourself and your company news. So don't do that.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It doesn't have to be About You

Success is a Personal Thing

Getting Back on Track

Sh*t Happens!

Is Anyone Looking You Up?

Let's Play like Adults

Links were Clicked!

How Outlining Gets You Unstuck

Why People Unsubscribe (and What NOT to Do About It)