Searching for Creative Commons Images


I have fun searching through images, looking for "just that one" that is a visual expression of my written words. Usually I want a look that is less staged than a purchased stock photo.

You can access Creative Commons licensed images directly from their website via a number of sources. But I have a Flickr account, so that is where I head first.

Once you go to Flickr, here is how you search:

First, enter your search term - I used 'newsletter' - and click the magnifying glass.


On the next screen, click on 'Advanced Search'.


The next screen gives you a variety of search options. Near the bottom, you'll find the Creative Commons option. Select it and then click 'Search'.


Make sure you give proper attribution to the photographer - their 'handle' or name and a link to the image. There will be a link which gives you detailed info about the license type - it's always good to double-check.

Warning: minutes and even hours can go by quickly!

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make it Easy to Read Online

Company News is No News

Warm Up those Cold Calls

Is Your Canadian Small Business Compliant with CASL Yet?

Content Ideas for Consultants - Teach Something (Part 3)

Current Contacts and CASL

Milestones Mean Business

Using Lists to Embrace Change

Does Your Mother Know What You Do? (Part 2)

Favourite Free Image Sources and Graphics Tools for Small Business Marketing