Take the News out of Newsletter

I'm campaigning to rename 'newsletter', but I know it will take Google forever to catch on.

Do you sign up for newsletters in excited anticipation of getting company news? I didn't think so. Granted a newsletter can be a great source of industry news if it's timely. But that's only one strategy.

The main goal of your newsletter strategy should be to provide value.

Useful + Interesting = Value

No 'news' in that equation. How about... ?
valuemail
infomail
infoletter
useletter

Whatever you call it, don't make it all about your company news. Give people a better reason to subscribe.

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Office Holiday Party

Quick Tip - Avoid Hidden Format Problems

3 Reasons Why Businesses Should Be Podcasting

Is Your Canadian Small Business Compliant with CASL Yet?

Three Words for 2017

2 Reasons to Share your Newsletter Archive

A Marketing Strategy Gone Wrong

Research to Develop your Content Strategy

Your 'Thank You for Signing Up' Page

That was a Great Conversation But...