What I Learned at BlogJam2015

Anita Hovey and I acting out
I thought I would be spending the day with other business owners. I thought blogging was a marketing tool. I thought that swearing in public wasn't nice.

None of these turned out to be true at BlogJam2015 at the Marriott in Halifax on October 4th. What I learned is that I make a lot of assumptions!

Yes, there were some other business bloggers, but most of the speakers and attendees were not there for business. Mommy bloggers and food bloggers ruled the panel discussions. The few assumptions I had left were completely shattered during the closing keynote by Kaleigh Trace. One of her blogging tips was to relax and go masturbate. I swear every time she said 'vagina' I felt my mother cringe... and my mother wasn't there.

My biggest takeaway? Blogging is a tool for expressing our passions and prejudices. And 'success' means something different to every blogger.

photo by @E11ephantRoom on Twitter

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make it Easy to Read Online

Is Your Canadian Small Business Compliant with CASL Yet?

Proofing Checklist for Error-free Newsletters

Milestones Mean Business

How to Write the Introduction to Your First Newsletter

Research - What are your Competitors Doing?

Automation can be Creepy

Feeling Overwhelmed?

The Consequences of Creative Isolation

6 Questions to Ask before Contracting Out your eNewsletter