What were you doing on Boxing Day?

Were you reading my blog on December 26, 2013? Maybe not but someone was because I had over 800 pageviews that day.

Up to that point, it was the most pageviews I'd ever had in one day. In fact, it was 10% of the monthly total - significant for one day.

graph of blog pageviews by month

Those of you who take time off from online marketing on the holidays are leaving ripe pickings for those of us who don't.

You might think there aren't as many business people online on days such as New Year's or Easter, and you'd be right. But those who are online are there to browse; they read more deeply. That means they might read your whole blog post instead of scanning it. They might click on embedded links and read several blog posts. They might tweet about it. They might even respond to one of your calls to action.

Thanksgiving is coming soon. Go ahead, disappear. I'll be quite happy to pick up the slack.

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Boost Your Expert Reputation with an Evergreen Series

I Love Uphill Graphs!

Make a Personal Connection - A Success Story

How to Get People to Open Your Emails

Up the Value of Your Redirect Pages

Do You Need an Editorial Calendar?

Don't Dilute Your Message

It doesn't have to be About You

How I Emptied My Inbox!