Do what Feels Right to You

photo by tempophage

I had what I thought were a couple of smashing ideas for the newsletter design for a new client. She politely declined.

Of course, I asked, "Why?" (I must have been a real challenge at age 4.)

The discussion that ensued was insightful and interesting and helped me to understand my client's brand, image and personality so much better. Sometimes 'bad' ideas lead to great things.

The lesson here? When someone you're working with throws out an idea that they're obviously excited about, don't jump on the bandwagon if it doesn't feel right. Stand up for what's authentic to you, right there, on the spot.

Also, embrace the opportunity to explain your position so that everyone can get on the same page. That is how relationships are built.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Office Holiday Party

Quick Tip - Avoid Hidden Format Problems

A Marketing Strategy Gone Wrong

How to Write the Introduction to Your First Newsletter

Why is List Building so Important for Small Businesses?

Complex to Simple: Images for Social Media Posts

Is Your Canadian Small Business Compliant with CASL Yet?

Research to Develop your Content Strategy

10 Signs this is Your First Newsletter

Can Iceland's Volcano Drive Blog Traffic?