What I Learned from a Telephone Guru


I am fortunate to be good friends with The Phone Lady. There are many important things that I have learned from her - the most difficult has been to stop using the word 'just'. That insidious little word just wants to sneak in everywhere. The problem is, once the word 'just' pops in, it diminishes the rest of the message:

"I'm just calling to follow up..." (but it's really not important)

"I just dropped in..." (but I didn't care if I saw you or not)

How about...?

"I'm calling to follow up..." (because it's important to me)

"I dropped in..." (because I wanted to see you)

It's definitely a struggle to keep that little 4-letter word out of my vocabulary! Here's Mary Jane's message about this - I encourage you to read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Office Holiday Party

Quick Tip - Avoid Hidden Format Problems

3 Reasons Why Businesses Should Be Podcasting

Three Words for 2017

2 Reasons to Share your Newsletter Archive

Is Your Canadian Small Business Compliant with CASL Yet?

Your 'Thank You for Signing Up' Page

That was a Great Conversation But...

10 Signs this is Your First Newsletter

Why is List Building so Important for Small Businesses?