What I Learned from Susan Sweeney

I was surprised and delighted to hear that my website had been used recently as an example in a webinar that Susan Sweeney facilitated for the Centre for Women in Business.

You see, without knowing it, Susan has had a huge impact on my website.

The first workshop I attended of Susan's was in Regina in 2002. It was long before I actually had a website. Among the many takeaways that day, one has always stuck with me: the importance of fresh content and quality control for your website.

When I started my business, I knew the only way I was going to have fresh content was if I took control and managed my own website. By constantly working on it, I’m inspired about what changes to make.

Keeping content fresh creates another challenge – it means a lot of changes. And a lot of changes mean opportunity for mistakes. I’m a stickler for details and I know how I react when I click on a link and it doesn’t work.

When I asked Danielle to be our official Daley Progress website auditor, I harped about all this so much that she wrote a blog post about it.

So, now you can see why I’m so delighted that my website fell under Susan’s scrutiny. And it was fun to write and tell her that we’ve come full circle. “What goes around, comes around” was never more true than in today’s online world. Thanks to Susan for the early inspiration she provided!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boost Your Expert Reputation with an Evergreen Series

I Love Uphill Graphs!

Make a Personal Connection - A Success Story

How to Get People to Open Your Emails

Up the Value of Your Redirect Pages

Do You Need an Editorial Calendar?

Don't Dilute Your Message

It doesn't have to be About You

How I Emptied My Inbox!