I Love Uphill Graphs!

I've been known to fixate on graphs and measurements. See, I really hate working for no reason. I like to know that my efforts make a difference. If not, I either tweak and retry, or I give it up and put my efforts elsewhere.

You can imagine that I've been keeping an eagle eye on all this online stuff - blogging, social media - since I took those first tentative steps. And it's really cool that the stats get dished up for me!

I was delighted when I saw this graph of our blog statistics:

Before December, the highest number of page views we'd ever had in one month was in October - 997 views. I was kind of happy when that happened. In December, our page views more than quadrupled!

We did something right... but what was it? How do I replicate it?

I think this happened because 3 or 4 times a week I started posting links to older blog posts on Twitter and LinkedIn. But, well, doesn't that seem just a little too easy?

I'm wondering if perhaps the holidays mean people were reading more. I'd love to hear from anyone that's seeing a change in their blog stats for December.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boost Your Expert Reputation with an Evergreen Series

Make a Personal Connection - A Success Story

How to Get People to Open Your Emails

Up the Value of Your Redirect Pages

Do You Need an Editorial Calendar?

Don't Dilute Your Message

It doesn't have to be About You

How I Emptied My Inbox!