Pinpoint Your Unique Content Marketing Opportunity - An Example


If you read Pinpoint Your Unique Content Marketing Opportunity last month and are still stuck, this article may offer some hope.

First, if you are sitting at your desk alone, new ideas may not come to you easily. This process requires brainstorming - and more than one brain. And it may not happen immediately but, if you are constantly on the alert for ideas, it will come sooner or later.

A couple of months ago I was masterminding with Alison Knott at Humani-T Cafe in Halifax. I think I was encouraging her to do a regular email newsletter and she was lamenting about the time and effort required to blog regularly. This is a discussion I've had many times with many people over the years. "Just do it!" doesn't often work as inspiration.

At one point, I said something like, "It'd be nice to find something valuable to give readers that you don't have to work so hard to create," and went off to get a fresh coffee. When I came back, I said, "What are you spending time already doing that would be useful to others?"

"Stats," Alison said. "I'm always reading interesting web stats." I really wish we had a photo of that moment.

Check out the first issue of Alison's "Notable Numbers" new monthly newsletter. It's interesting and useful... and brief. For Alison, it's easy to pull together and doesn't take a whole bunch of time.

Here's the worksheet I included in last month's post. Use it as a starting point to focus your thoughts and ideas. Find a colleague, customer, or collaborator to toss around ideas with. If you're stuck after that, I can be bought ;)

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It doesn't have to be About You

People DO Sign Up for Newsletters

Let's Play like Adults

3 Wimpy Phrases to Avoid in a Newsletter

Uncommon eMail Marketing Advice

Up the Value of Your Redirect Pages

That was a Great Conversation But...

The Anti-spam Revolution

Do You Need an Editorial Calendar?

Tweet to Promote your Newsletter and Blog