One Word for 2019


Reflecting back on this past year, the first thing I realized is that I didn't define a 'One Word' for 2018. That's because, as 2017 was rolling over to 2018, I was busy building a website and working hard with colleagues to launch Social Media Day Halifax 2018. The word I feel like I used the most in 2018 was SMDH - the acronym and hashtag for the conference.

It was a year of teaching, learning, brainstorming, strategizing, planning, collaborating and designing. Some highlights:
  • Taught an 11-week program for small business owners funded through Labour and Advanced Education Nova Scotia. Starting January 2019 I'll be teaching another similar program.
  • Collaborated to successfully launch the Social Media Day Halifax Conference, an annual learning experience for anyone working in a marketing role.
  • Created and launched the 100 Days of Marketing online program. Enhancements and more versions are planned for 2019.
  • Started exciting project work with the GreyLit.net team as Chief Marketing Officer.
  • Designed and built 10 websites, plus a complete re-design of my own.
  • Prepared and published about 350 email newsletters (less than in past years).
  • Surpassed 600,000 pageviews on the Work Better, Not Harder blog (since 2010).
  • Hosted 3 free lunch and learn workshops for small business owners in the Halifax area. The series will continue monthly into 2019, with 2 workshops scheduled and more planned.
  • Did a whole bunch of other marketing work that adds variety to my work life.
If you haven't done so already, take a few minutes to make a list of all your own major business accomplishments this past year. When you start thinking about it and putting numbers to your activities, you might be surprised by what you've accomplished.

What does 2019 hold for me and Daley Progress? More of the same. I started a lot of new things this past year and, in the coming year, I'll continue to work to grow them and fully embrace their potential. And so, my One Word for 2019 is EMBRACE.

Following The Phone Lady's example, I looked up the definition of EMBRACE. Rest assured that I won't be running around hugging everyone (unless you ask nicely). Here is the meaning which resonates with me as I shift into the new business year: to take up especially readily or gladly, encircle, enclose.

I also hope you are ready and glad to embrace a new year! Please share your One Word in the comments below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It doesn't have to be About You

People DO Sign Up for Newsletters

Let's Play like Adults

3 Wimpy Phrases to Avoid in a Newsletter

Quick Tip - Avoid Hidden Format Problems

Up the Value of Your Redirect Pages

That was a Great Conversation But...

The Anti-spam Revolution

Do You Need an Editorial Calendar?

Tweet to Promote your Newsletter and Blog