Don't Ignore the Obvious: Daily Tips Work


One of the best things I ever did was to take Anita Kirkbride's advice when she told me I should post daily enewsletter tips on social media. It was a very specific and fairly easy task to do. I ended up with an Excel spreadsheet with about 350 short tips... all prefaced with #enewsletter. I joked that when I got to 365 tips, I'd make a calendar.

Now I didn't sit down and spend several days making up this list - ugh! But I started it and then every time I wrote a blog post that included a tip, I copied it into my spreadsheet along with the post link. This started back when Twitter allowed only 140 characters so I finagled words a lot.

You can see in the graph below that it had an almost immediate effect on blog traffic - note the big jump in readership SEPT 2012.


This was tedious work. I spent many hours copy/pasting and scheduling individual messages in Hootsuite, a month at a time, for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. Eventually, I started uploading my spreadsheet to Hootsuite and SocialJukebox, which saved a lot of time.

Six years later I'm feeling nostalgic because the last of these scheduled tips posts in 2 weeks and I won't be re-running them again. My business has changed, and email marketing has changed, so I'm sharing different tips.

With all the scheduling apps now, it's so much easier to maintain a regular posting schedule for any daily tips. There are several apps where you can upload a spreadsheet to schedule.

This idea may seem like a lot of work but, once you get going, you'll start to see it working for you and become more enthusiastic. Especially if you are blogging, this is a great way to recycle your blog content and get more readers. It is well worth the effort.

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Emptied My Inbox!

I Love Uphill Graphs!

Up the Value of Your Redirect Pages

Do You Need an Editorial Calendar?

Don't Dilute Your Message

It doesn't have to be About You

Do You Want 1,000,000 Subscribers?

Here's How Writing Content Turns You Into an Expert

What to Write About