Small Business Decision Making 101


Simple is powerful... and a recent tough decision reminded me of that. I'd been sitting on the fence for about 2 weeks with a marketing project half completed. I couldn't decide whether to keep going or to stay with Plan A - and so, I wasn't accomplishing anything. I had an investment in time and money that was just sitting, doing nothing for me.

Talking the problem through with someone seemed like the best idea and I finally pinned down the right opportunity with the right person. The night before we were to chat, I decided I'd better make some notes so I could present my problem in an organized way. I grabbed a sheet of paper, drew a line up the middle, and labelled the halves PROS and CONS.

Within 5 minutes I had put my finger on my "sticking point" - the biggest CON. After a little research and math, I made my decision. No discussion needed.

When I put my pen to paper, all the conflicting pieces of the problem suddenly became clear - instead of swirling around in a jumble in my head. Why didn't I do that sooner? Whether you're over-thinking or under-thinking a big decision, a simple bullet-point list might just save you stress, time and money.

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Office Holiday Party

Quick Tip - Avoid Hidden Format Problems

3 Reasons Why Businesses Should Be Podcasting

A Marketing Strategy Gone Wrong

Three Words for 2017

2 Reasons to Share your Newsletter Archive

Your 'Thank You for Signing Up' Page

Why is List Building so Important for Small Businesses?

Is Your Canadian Small Business Compliant with CASL Yet?

Research to Develop your Content Strategy