You Don't Know Jack About Social Media Until You've Worked With Experts


Last fall I remember feeling disappointed that I never seem to have much time for learning anymore. I was thinking the small business people taking my courses were smart to commit a half day a week to learn key marketing skills. I learn while I'm teaching, but it's not skills related to my business development.

Then in November, along came Anita Kirkbride with her plans for the Social Media Day Halifax 2018 Conference. While I knew enough about social media marketing to do a good job for my own business and help a couple of clients, I quickly discovered there's a whole lot I didn't know until I started working closely with Anita and Tina Capalbo on the Conference.

Since January I've been prodded to record video, participate in Facebook Live sessions, and learn things about Instagram and chatbots and ... too many other things to list here. Often I've been surprised at how much I don't know about social media - strategy, tactics, apps and tools, best practices, and how-to.

Now I'm caught up in the flurry of activity leading up to June 22nd and learning something new every day. I'm excited to realize how much depth there is in social media marketing and I can't wait to learn more.

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perpetual One-question Survey = Evergreen Content

How to Get People to Open Your Emails

Count your Contacts: In or Out?

How to Start Writing when you Feel Stuck

Get Read to Get Ranked

A Marketing Strategy Gone Wrong

What to Write About

Home Office Holiday Party

5 Ways to Grow Your List this Summer