Asking Your Friends Works Better Than Asking The Universe


During the past two weeks, I've been repeatedly reminded of The Secret and its message of asking the Universe for what you want and being open to receiving what comes. Except it's not the Universe I've been asking - it's my friends (aka business colleagues).

Since the new year started, I've been doing a lot of strategizing and planning about how to adapt my business to a changing life situation. I'm rethinking the way I do things, whether I should even be doing some things, and how to make the best use of my time (while still loving work). Phew!

From all that strategizing, I got a list of options, then pros/cons and risks/costs, and finally a pared-down list of things to pursue. One of the things on that list is to make sure to let all my friends know what kind of work/clients I'm looking for.

As it turns out, talking to some of those friends, asking for advice and suggestions, as I went through this process has led directly to new opportunities.

Asking the Universe may well be a useful thing to do but asking my friends has had a much more immediate impact.

When was the last time you updated your friends and work colleagues about what's going on in your business and, specifically, what kind of work you're looking for?

Click to Tweet this Article

Originally published in Work Better, Not Harder newsletter February 28, 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love Uphill Graphs!

Make a Personal Connection - A Success Story

How to Get People to Open Your Emails

Up the Value of Your Redirect Pages

Do You Need an Editorial Calendar?

Boost Your Expert Reputation with an Evergreen Series

Don't Dilute Your Message

It doesn't have to be About You

How I Emptied My Inbox!