The Line between Work and Play

My friend and colleague Jane Veldhoven posted a blog today about the time management challenges attached to social media. From that perspective, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, etc. are definitely the culprits in stealing our time. It’s where the line between work and play overlap.

We can spend hours online and enjoy it, but leave feeling like we’ve wasted time. Being a small business owner, that line is already easily blurred. I try to get past the guilt by thinking to myself that I just had a nice, well-deserved break, and then get on with my day. Like Jane, I like Linked In because it's all about business – so it’s easier to stay focused!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Office Holiday Party

Quick Tip - Avoid Hidden Format Problems

3 Reasons Why Businesses Should Be Podcasting

A Marketing Strategy Gone Wrong

Three Words for 2017

2 Reasons to Share your Newsletter Archive

Your 'Thank You for Signing Up' Page

Why is List Building so Important for Small Businesses?

Research to Develop your Content Strategy

Do what Feels Right to You