Old Marketing Tricks


"Yes, it's an old marketing trick to "accidentally" make a mistake in an email campaign so you can resend an email shortly thereafter to increase the number of times people see your message."

This was the lead message in an email I received recently which included a correction to information which I had indeed received a couple of hours before.

Making a deliberate mistake is a darn poor excuse to get into people's inboxes. Making ANY mistake doesn't reflect well on you, deliberate or not.

Do your marketing well and you won't need to resort to tricks. And you won't need to fix mistakes.

If a *real* mistake happens, here is my advice about how to deal with it. Let's avoid those made-up mistakes completely.

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love Uphill Graphs!

Make a Personal Connection - A Success Story

How to Get People to Open Your Emails

Up the Value of Your Redirect Pages

Do You Need an Editorial Calendar?

Boost Your Expert Reputation with an Evergreen Series

Don't Dilute Your Message

It doesn't have to be About You

How I Emptied My Inbox!