What's on Your Business Bucket List?


Almost 12 years in business and I don't have a bucket list. In fact, it didn't occur to me to have one until I stumbled across mention of it online. It got me thinking, what is the difference between a business bucket list and business goals?

You won't put something on a bucket list unless you're going to make the commitment to do more than thinking about it. By its nature, a bucket list is 'do or die'.

Things on a bucket list are like dreams and desires but more hardcore because they also have a personal commitment behind them.

A bucket list is a list, not a plan. It's about results, not how to achieve them. Some of the items on it may have to be backed up by significant implementation plans.

Is a business bucket list rigid and unchangeable? I'm a fan of flexible goals; it's important to be re-evaluating our goals. That means being able to cross things off without having accomplished them.

Is the difference really in our perception of the tool? I think of goals as things I have to accomplish and a bucket list as things I want to accomplish. Being my own boss means I have the power to make sure my goals are also my dreams.

If you're not convinced that a business bucket list (or even a personal one) is a good idea, this article might convince you.

originally published in Work Better, Not Harder newsletter February 28, 2017

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Get People to Open Your Emails

Up the Value of Your Redirect Pages

Do You Need an Editorial Calendar?

Boost Your Expert Reputation with an Evergreen Series

It doesn't have to be About You

How I Emptied My Inbox!

Content Template - The Checklist

Do You Want 1,000,000 Subscribers?

Here's How Writing Content Turns You Into an Expert

3 Wimpy Phrases to Avoid in a Newsletter