If You Pay Attention to Your Headline, It will Get Attention


When a client mentioned CoSchedule's Headline Analyzer, I hopped on over to check it out. (Thanks Natasha!) Here's the promise I found there: "The free blog post headline analyzer will score your overall headline quality and rate its ability to result in social shares, increased traffic, and SEO value."

My initial thought was that it would have to be run by algorithms so its value would be limited. But my skepticism turned to enthusiasm with my first use. The rather mechanical breakdown of my proposed subject line was detailed and looked at different success factors.

The Headline Analyzer was useful to help me brainstorm alternatives and especially to consider options I wouldn't have otherwise devised. I think success came partially from paying more attention instead of rushing to publish. Go check it out - it'll take only a few minutes to improve your headline score.

photo by Benjamin Ellis / Flickr

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Play like Adults

Getting Back on Track

People DO Sign Up for Newsletters

Sh*t Happens!

Is Anyone Looking You Up?

It doesn't have to be About You

Success is a Personal Thing

Being Sneaky About Email

3 Wimpy Phrases to Avoid in a Newsletter

Links were Clicked!