Are You a Poet and Didn't Know It?


Work is especially fun at this time of year because I'm busy putting together holiday ecards for clients. After a few, though, the messages of joy and peace start to become a tad lacklustre. And then Lea Brovedani sent me the message to go into her ecard.

It wasn't till I started formatting it that I recognized it as a poem. Then I giggled because I realized Lea had written it. You see, Lea is all about teaching others to be more trusting and trustworthy. Here's the first verse (she said I could share with you):
It's time for carols and some snow,
Time for being on the go.
Take a moment, and don't be fussed,
To show thanks to those you love and trust.
When I congratulated Lea on her winning message, she gave me this tip: "I went on a website for Christmas messages, found one I liked, and adapted it so it was my message on trust."

"Hmm, I have to try that," I thought and started Googling. I have to say Lea's message about trust is more adaptable for the season. But I did come up with a seasonal marketing slogan!
Your holiday cards travel like snails.
Won't you consider using emails?
After you stop groaning, you might give this a try. It's a great content creation idea and could be adapted to other less seasonal purposes, too.

photo by Adrian Cabrero (Mustagrapho) / Flickr

Click to Tweet this Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Need an Editorial Calendar?

It doesn't have to be About You

People DO Sign Up for Newsletters

Here's How Writing Content Turns You Into an Expert

Up the Value of Your Redirect Pages

Storage for Great Ideas - Back of Book (BOB)

Boost Your Expert Reputation with an Evergreen Series

Let's Play like Adults

List Building Questions Answered

Your Subject Line should Signal Your Intentions